Sunday, May 12, 2013

Ida Clare, It's Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day To all you Creative Chicks
Marie Desbons is a wonderful French Illustrator.  Check out her site at http://mariedesbons.canalblog.com/archives/p190-20.html





I love Mother's Day.  It is time you get to spoil your mother a little and let her know just how much she means to you while you are waiting for a table at IHOP.

I am inspired by my mom, a white-haired Energizer Bunny who still works circles around me while I whine and complain and she does not.  She loves to garden, travel, fish, volunteer, share, and play games.  Oh and she can cook.  She loves Facebook and checks her email every day.  She can upload photos to her computer and has them developed and sent to her home mailbox.

She loves to find interesting things on Pintrest and she actually tries them out. She has made a wreath out of a water hose, a mosquito catcher out of a plastic liter bottle, a million delicious recipes and has a chest of drawers with plants growing out of them in her garden.  There's more, but I don't want to sound like I'm bragging.

My mom is an engineer - not by trade - but she has that kind of mind.  She is a problem solver and enjoys working with her hands.  She is always thinking of others which makes her in demand because she freely gives her time away to some good causes and some frivolous ones.  (I can be frivolous sometimes, but she hangs in there with me.)  She is political and not afraid to speak out for something she believes in.

We went shopping the other day and every where she goes, she runs into someone she knows.  They want a big hug from her and she obliges.  She knows everybody and if she doesn't know you, she will talk to you anyway.  She is a Rock Star in her home town and she is comfortable being who she really is.


I hope to be a lot like her when I grow up.  I love you Mom!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who still have your mom with you and to those of you who don't, my mom and I send you a big old hug.




No comments: