Saturday, June 1, 2013

Ida Clare, I hate change, don't you?


Hello Creative Chicks,

Well, the lightning zapped my computer the other day and I had to have a repair man come work his geeky magic on it.  While that was going on we stumbled into a conversation that was ultimately about change.  We both are in the midst of living out big unexpected changes in our lives.  Unexpected, unplanned, out of the blue, where the heck did this come from change.

Somewhere I read that change is stressful.  Duh.  They even have a rating system.  Divorce, marriage, changing jobs, communities, and schools are the biggies.  Rack up a bunch of those in a year and you are at risk for health problems, insomnia, emotional melt downs and a possible new-found addiction just to cope.  You might have even looked forward to it, welcomed it with open arms, and still found it to be stressful.

For instance, changing the cat's litter box is a welcome change, but stressful by anyone's standard.  I guess I shouldn't compare life's big changes such as marriage and divorce to the cat box, but the truth is they can both be a little stinky.

I hope you cope with change by embracing it and rolling with the flow.  Sometimes, it's good to give up, give in, and just accept what you can't do anything about.

Here are some quotes about change from people wiser than me:
  • Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better.  -Sydney J. Harris
  • Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes. -Hugh Prather

  • You're only as young as the last time you changed your mind.  -Timothy Leary 

  • The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. -William Arthur Ward
Hugs,




No comments: