Thursday, August 8, 2013

Ida Clare, Let's Dance!

Hello Friends,

There is a video at the end of this post and I am posting it because today is the birthday of a friend of mine and I won’t be able to be with her today as she is in a land far far away.  



 If she were here sitting across the table from me at our favorite ice house, this is what I would say to her on the anniversary of her birth.



You are fabulous just the way you are.  Don’t let anyone infer, suggest, insinuate or blatantly tell you otherwise, especially someone younger than you.  (You can still listen to me because as you never let me forget I am older than you by fifty-six days.)


It’s ok if you’re bossy.  Men call it “Leadership” and get paid one-and-a-half to a thousand times more than women to be that way.  Lead on, Sista.


Don’t let advertisers or sales-sluts make you feel less beautiful than you are just to sell you something.  You clean up nicely.  


Stop hiding the fact that you are brilliant.  Get up and put on your smarty-pants every day.  In a world of low-wattage intelligence, we need your brain power. 

  


We are not our history.  Whatever has happened in our past is behind us.  And I have the big behind to prove it.

Create for yourself.  You are talented, innovative and often fearless when it comes to a creative project.  Tell all internal and external art critics to go eat worms.


As for gardening, you can throw in the towel or wipe the sweat with it and keep digging.  This applies to other things too.



Let go of crap you can’t control.  Take the very best care of yourself that you can.  Rest, relax, and resist the urge to ruminate.


Whatever you do, always be my friend.

Now, Let's Dance.


No comments: