Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Ida Clare Marches On

Well, maybe not so much marching as lurching.

My name is IdaClare and I am a recovering flu and pneumonia survivor!

If there were twelve-step meetings for what I had, I would have to agree that I have felt powerless over what ailed me and I was not able to get well by myself.  I had to resort a higher power to make me well. (And the ministrations of IdaMama’s healing home cooking and generous hospitality.)  Her homemade soups are epic.

The good news is that the cure appears to be working and I am able to sit at the computer and stare at a blank page wondering what the heck I am going to write about just like old times.  I confess that I often don’t know my own mind until I see what shows up - probably not the most productive way to communicate, but there it is.

I have been in some stage of getting sick, getting sicker, getting well, and ultimately getting much better since a week before Christmas and here it is March.  My world has consisted of doing jigsaw puzzles on the computer, anxiously awaiting the outcome of which house will the annoying couple select on HGTV’s House Hunter’s International and watching horrified as my three-month old kitten systematically wrecks my mother’s house.

I have since been convinced that His Royal Catness, Prince Harry needs more outdoor exercise and I must say that he excels at tree climbing (and looking adorable) which calms him down when he comes back inside.


However since the nasty winter weather is back, I don't have the fortitude to chase the little darling around outside in the cold.  Do they make kitty Valium?  Well since I can't get Harry some, maybe I can find some for my mother.

To maintain my sanity while recovering, I have turned to Zen.  Zentangle that is.  I have a few things here I will share to prove that I can still hold a pen while fending off a wacko kitteBN#?n who likes to jump on my little desk and keyboard on his way to climbing the draperies.  Shhhhh! Don’t tell IdaMama about the draperies.

Now here's your moment of Zen:





Hugs,


No comments: